I loved this book. It was a book about a dancer that was obviously written by someone with insider experience. I really felt like I was getting a peek into the life of a dancer in a serious ballet company. The descriptions of the dance and costumes were fantastic. The characters and the plot are entertaining enough but it's not exactly the most original plot. I was very happy to find that this wasn't a book about a girl who decides to give up everything for a boy, Hannah makes her own decision because of what is right for her.
Appropriateness: Hannah is nineteen and has been living on her own since she was a young teen and acts like a nineteen year old. There is a large amount of underage drinking and a bit of non descriptive sex. There is a large amount of weight talk in the book, much of which is unhealthy, as the company requires the dancers to have a super slim silhouette. While I suspect this book will be marketed as a romance the romance is only a small part of the story and readers should read this book as a look into the world of dance and not as a romance novel. I would recommend the book to teens and adults 14+ and I'd encourage parents of younger readers to address the alcohol and diet/eating disorder issues that are present in the story.
