Nov 26, 2012

Ashen Winter

Ashen Winter by Mike Mullen is the sequel to Ashfall.  This book starts with Alex and Darla at his Aunt and Uncle's farm.  After they are attacked by bandits who have Alex's parents gun on them Alex and Darla decide to leave the safety of the farm to find Alex's parents.

This is a terrific sequel to Ashfall with all the drama and suspense and horror of the first in the series.  I continued to love Alex and could feel his love for Darla.  The characters and setting were well developed and the bad guys in the book were terrifying.  The introduction of two new characters, one of which was autistic were a great addition to the plot.  This is a very long book but I couldn't put it down and thought about it even when I wasn't reading hoping that Alex would get through his journey safely.

Appropriateness:  This is a scary and disturbing book and Alex and his companions are constantly at risk of death and rape and there is talk of girls being prostituted and needing to have sex to survive.  I would recommend this book to readers 14+




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...