Tandem by Anna Jarzab is the first book in the Many Worlds Trilogy. This book begins with Sasha who lives a normal life in a normal town with her grandfather. When a popular boy suddenly takes an interest in her she's delighted, but after the prom she finds herself snatched to another world. A world where she is told that she has to impersonate her double, the princess of a piece of North America who has been kidnapped before the wedding which is to bring peace to her land.
When I initially started this book I read the first two pages, was turned off and then put the book down deciding it was absurd. Then several weeks later I picked it up, starting on chapter two and loved it (so don't be discouraged by the first chapter). The parallel worlds story was interesting and led to a combination between a dystopian romance, a sci fi novel with a bit of fantasy that actually worked. I found myself engrossed in the story and loved every bit of it. There is a bit of science fiction mumbo jumbo that needs to be handwaved, but it wasn't enough to ruin the story for me.
Appropriateness: There's no adult content in this book. There is quite a bit of heavy romance in the story with the typical love triangle. I would recommend this book to readers 12+
Review copy provided by Amazon Prime
