To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han follows the half Korean Lara who finds her life turned upside down after the letters that she wrote her past crushes are somehow mailed. Lara soon finds herself in a sham relationship with a popular boy so she can make her sister's ex-boyfriend (and her current crush) jealous. Things end up becoming more complicated than she expected.
This book had a bit of a slow start and I almost ended up putting it down. I'm glad I stuck with it because it was fantastic and romantic. Jenny is a sweet girl whose half Korean heritage (her mother was Korean and her father tries to help the family stay a bit connected to their roots) along with her close relationship with her sisters and her shy personality make her different from most YA heroines. The book is the beginning of a series so it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger.
Appropriateness: There are mentions of sex but just in gossipy terms. The relationships consist of no more than kissing and Lara is very clear with what she's comfortable with relationship wise and it would be a good means to talk to girls who may be dealing with partners who are more experienced than they are. I recommend this book to readers 12+
Review copy provided by Amazon Vine
