Mar 31, 2011

Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop

Happy hop day everyone.

This week I reviewed DivergentThe Dark and Hollow Places, a craft book called Play All DayEntwinedBitter EndBirthmarked, and America Pacifica (review to be posted Friday).












What is the book that you really don't want to admit to loving??

 

I was obsessed with VC Andrews when I was in high school and college.  I'd buy the books when they showed up at the supermarket and read them over and over and over.


The question this week is. .  



Book Blogger Hop



The question this week is. . .
"Since today is April Fool's Day in the USA, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone OR that someone has played on you?"


When I was in college the directors were always very slow at putting the cast lists up after auditions.  Sometimes we would audition in January and the list wouldn't go up till March.  Every day as soon as you got to the building you would have to go right to the board to see if the list would be posted yet.  So one day my roommate and I made up a fake cast list for The Marriage of Figaro.  We cast our teachers as all the parts and even included extra roles like Yoda for some of them.  Everyone was talking about it all morning and no one even suspected it was us and was sure that one of the well known jokesters had done it.

When I teach I enjoy seeing what I can get the kids to believe.  I once had a first grader ask why I always wore dresses (I did wear jeans on Fridays) I told them that I wore them because I was a mermaid and my legs were stuck together so I couldn't wear pants.  They believed me for about five minutes.  

While subbing I got sick of answering I don't know to kids when they asked me where they teacher was so I started making up outlandish things to see what reaction I'd get.  I told a group of high school freshman that their teacher was at space camp and they believed me, I'm sure their teacher was amused the next day. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...